Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hooray!

What a crazy week. Last Wednesday, someone came to look at the Tacoma and offered me $5500 for it. He was a little flaky but he finally got the money together and purchased the truck this afternoon. Thank goodness because I bought a car over the weekend! I bought a 2002 Subaru Outback Impreza Sport. It's super cute, resembles the WRX, but has much more room for Mushko. He loves it. I drove him around yesterday and he seemed to enjoy it. He also accompanied me today to pick up the Tacoma, sell the Tacoma at the DMV, to a Dog Daycare I'm hoping to work, Starbucks, Wells Fargo (had to deposit the cash), and then to the beach. The beach was super windy and a bit cold. Mushko didn't get in the water too much (unsual) but ran up and down the beach and smelled washed up logs. He's currently sleeping next to my feet.

I'm so glad the weekend is over and the truck is sold. I was supposed to buy the Subaru on Saturday morning. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the master cylinder and slate cylinder and the two couldn't be replaced until Monday. Luke, as always, took care of me (for as long as he could anyway). Neither of us planned to stay past Saturday afternoon. Because I didn't have a way to get home and really wanted the car, Luke found an inexpensive Motel 6 in Petaluma and we stayed Saturday night. We had breakfast Sunday morning, did a little shopping, and then went to Napa Sunday afternoon. I found an inexpensive motel and booked a room for the night. Luke had to work at 8 am on Monday and couldn't stay. I dropped my stuff off in the hotel room and then walked 1.5 miles to Target to buy a phone charger (my cell was about dead). I returned to the room, ate a tv dinner, and then went to bed. Sunday, I walked about 2 miles to downtown Napa. I hung out in a cafe and did homework most of the morning. I then walked another 1.5 miles to the Subaru dealership. The car wasn't ready so I did more homework in the lobby until the car was ready at about 3:30. The owners showed up, paid for the work that'd been done on the car (including fixing a window motor and a new headlight) and sold the car to me. I was finally able to go home (still feels funny calling Arcata my home). I really wanted a Jack in the Box chocolate cherry milkshake but every Jack in the Box I went to was out of ice cream (I went to three). I even went to McDonalds for a sundae and they were also out of ice cream. Ugh. Anyway, it was a long weekend and I'm super happy to be home. It's also great to have money in my bank account now that the trucks gone. I'll post pictures of the new car soon.

No comments: